A Breakdown of Network Management Solutions in 2020
“Network management” is a general term that refers to the methods and tools required to effectively administrate, operate, and maintain computer networks. Network management solutions are aimed at keeping your computer network reliable and efficient while maintaining high-performing data transfer channels. In other words, the goal of these solutions is to ensure that all of your business’s network resources are made available to users for the purpose of creating more efficient processes, which ultimately drives results for your enterprise. Keep reading as we further delve into why network management is important, the benefits of outsourcing your network management, and the components of network management services.
The Importance of Network Management Services
Leveraging network management services can equip system administrators with the tools necessary for maintaining your enterprise’s computer network without excessive manual intervention. The objective of these services is to manage your complex network through the use of automated alerts, wired and wireless management capabilities, and device compatibility across vendors.
The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Network Management
Modern day networks must effectively support high value solutions that carry data, voice, and video between users. This means that maintaining a superior network connection and having visibility into your IT infrastructure is a must for any business that wishes to be successful. However, with the increasingly complex digital landscape of today, network management becomes less manageable for internal IT teams. This is where a seasoned third-party IT company steps in. Your Managed Service Provider (MSP) has the power to let you refocus your efforts on your core business objectives. Besides that significant advantage, outsourced network management solutions can also help you to:
- Maintain a competitive edge in the hiring process by providing remote user support. More and more businesses are moving to remote work to give their employees the flexibility they desire. If you want to recruit the brightest candidates out there, you have to offer attractive benefits, like the opportunity to work from home.
- Prevent and mitigate any security issues through constant monitoring of your software. The types of monitoring include performance, fault, and availability monitoring, all of which are essential for maintaining a healthy network.
- Communicate more clearly with improved VOIP quality. Because clear communication is a driving factor in any organization’s success, it is of utmost importance that your communication methods are on par with today’s standards. With VOIP telephony, you can leverage cost-effective, scalable, and portable phone services that beat out traditional communication channels.
- Keep your network up and running through Internet Service Provider (ISP) vendor management. If you experience a network outage, your MSP will work with your ISP to solve the issue in a timely manner.
The Components of Network Management Solutions
Network management is a multi-faceted service made up of various components that must work together for your organization to achieve a smooth-running network. The factors involved with network management include the following:
- Network Administration: Network administration includes tasks like tracking network resources (such as switches, servers, and routers), as well as software updates and performance monitoring.
- Network Operation: Network operation deals primarily with ensuring that your network functions properly. Tasks in this category include monitoring end user activity, alongside proactively identifying and fixing any network issues.
- Network Provisioning: Network provisioning focuses on network resource configuration, which is meant to support special services (like accommodating additional users or voice functions).
- Network Maintenance: Network maintenance includes upgrades and remedies for network resources. In addition, network maintenance duties cover working with network administrators to assist with proactive and remediation activities, such as replacing items like switches and routers.
Besides the advantages that were previously discussed (maintaining a competitive edge, preventing security issues, clear communication, and maximum network uptime), computer network management services can also take a significant amount of pressure off of your internal IT department. Delivering stable network management at consistent service levels is a huge undertaking, especially as the digital world becomes more and more complex. If your in-house team’s bandwidth falls short of what is needed to take care of everyday IT issues and maintain your network, it might be time to call in the IT professionals. Contact us today to get started on achieving and maintaining a healthy network for your business.